IN THE SHADOW OF THE VIMY CELEBRATION LIVE ABORIGINAL HEROS

IN THE SHADOW OF THE VIMY CELEBRATION LIVE ABORIGINAL HEROS

Messagepar admin » Dim 9 Avr 2017 12:06

IN THE SHADOW OF THE VIMY RIDGE CELEBRATION LIVE OUR ABORIGINAL HEROS

Under colonial rules my grand fathers fought under the war of 1812 and the first world war so is my father in the second one . But I also have other grand fathers some Maliseet or Métis who fought for their respective Aboriginal family clans or Nations for the protection, the preservation and the integrity of their original jurisdiction on this land . Among other war Chiefs they fought under the direction of the Wabanaki Confederacy which resulted in the signing of many eastern pre colonial peace and friendship treaties among themselves and with the new comers on their land.

Few of our Aboriginal soldiers in the presence of the National Chief also the commander in Chief of the Aboriginal Confederacy and a representative of the Métis National Council who both sit discretely today in the shadow of a great Canadian colonial celebration of a remembrance of a 100 years old battle at the Vimy memorial in France.

This Great Canadian colonial celebration makes me wonder when as Aboriginal people are we going to assert our Aboriginal Sovereignty by recognizing what happen on our land when our great warriors who pay the price of their life years ago for the protection, the preservation and the integrity of the original jurisdiction on this land under the totem of their Nations who composed the Great Confederacy of Aboriginal people without of course forgetting the patriots of 1937 and the Riel rebellion.

The torch of the bravery, the conviction, the strength of character and the conviction of the following great Aboriginal warriors who gave everything with the sacrifice of their life has never been passed on with discipline and respect to our youth for inspiration yet under the process of a memorial site :

MEMBERTOU , PONTIAC , TECUMSEH, PIERRE THOMAS, XAVIER ST AUBIN , BIG BEAR , CHIEF JOSEPH , SITTING BULL , RUNNING ANTELOP , CRAZY HORSE , SEATTLE, RED CLOUD , HIAWATHA M BLACK HAWKS, COCHISE, CRAZY HORSE ,

and many others to add and fought in contemporary time . We should never forget under our sovereignty protocols all of the past and current National Chief should be remembered as military commanders in Chief of the Great Confederacy .

Let's never forget what they did and why they did it. We must no longer lied to ourself and complied only to any Canadian colonial war memorial commemorations.

By building our own Aboriginal war memorial as a remembrance for what they stand for, will assert how we can start to make this land a better place to live for all Aboriginal People and to start celebrating and recognizing our own Aboriginal heros and to be lead in our own traditional Aboriginal prayers and celebrations rather than the one organized by the colonial government.

PS. I did not forget the Métis Nation . Unfortunately until the Métis Nation is well defined in Canada by all the Métis Peoples it will be difficult to identified who are or will be its current leaders not established and identified under colonial rules..

Claude Aubin
Métis et administrateur de ce site.

info@claudeaubinmetis.com
admin
Administrateur du site

Revenir vers Éditorial